Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Weird Silence

That day, I noticed that a mortal silence surrounded the environment. I don't know if the silence had always existed, and I just hadn't been aware of that until that moment; or only in that instant the silence suddenly appeared. Since then, my visits to the outer environment never where the same, whatsoever.

Suddenly, I started to see the environment that surrounded me with other eyes. Everything seemed so bizarre and mysterious. I felt as if I was under the effects of a drug.

Streets looked so empty, silent and lifeless, as if the whole city would just collapsed. That lead me to wonder if a more chaotic environment was better than this one, certainly peaceful, but mortally desolated.

I started evoking those calm yet somber melodies which I related this environment with. The sky was blue, but the loneliness of all what surrounded me made me perceive the weather as ugly and very, very dark.

I hoped this was a nightmare that would end really soon, but time seemed to turn unbearably infinite.

And then, I started to wonder if I was dead already. No, It wasn't possible, even though Death could be welcome, since that seemed the only exit to this open yet claustrophobic space.
(c) Pekky Marquez, 2001

No comments: