Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Harp and the Abyss

The naked harp keeps sounding,
With echoes and darkness
As I keep looking down
the dark abyss.
It is an alien silence,
of a death that touches me
and ghostly I am
looking at its depth.
All I do is shout,
melodies with no memories
while the harp keeps harping
in my loneliness.
All I hear is echoes,
but I don't see a hand,
Only a dim light coming from me,
but the rest is dark.
I look at that dark abyss
which is like death and birth,
if there is light at the end of the tunnel
this tunnel does not have it.
All I see is a dark abyss
of depth untold,
feeling afraid to fly on it,
because I don't know
whether this is a cage,
or a tunnel with light at its end.
And the harp keeps sounding,
its strings are made of my nerves,
every string this harp has
gives me pain.
And all I can do is shout
unsure of scape or end,
usure of whether this is
birth of death.
And the alien silence,
gets in my skin,
I feel its sensation
penetrating me,
like a cool feeling of mint
that crawls on it,
it is the alien silence,
part of the darkness that surrounds me.
(c) Pekky Marquez, 2007

No comments: